Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Busy weeks

The past days have been very intensive for Peter and I. We spent lesser and lesser time with the kids. Not that we want to but we have to. It's kind of difficult not to be able to see them before bedtime. Gabriel have been asking me why do I have to go out everyday and not home before he went to bed. The heart hurts when I hear this. Somehow this Thursday all will be back to normal again as the meeting will then be over when the client are back to Europe.


From the Left : Eva Carlson, Jetta, Gianni Pertile, Staffan Carlson, Peter Tornquist, AbdulAziz BL, Saleem Rehman, Mohamed, Carrie and the empty chair is supposed to be me. Waiting for 2 Sherif with different family name and Khaled BL to arrive.

Four Season Hotel. We were waiting for everyone to come before we move to the dinner table where we have made a reservation in the Lebanese Restaurant.
This dinner was meant to be business/social as to introduce every side to one another. The food was great. We finished at 12 midnight and I could see that everyone are very tired. It has been a very long day for eveyone who has been for their first meeting very early in the morning.


In between, those busy schedules, we had free time on the first day when Staffan and Eva arrived where we took them to see the Pyramid. Who doesn't want to see the Pyramid when they come to Cairo.


The Cleopatra ship that found nearby the Pyramid which was now a Museum of boat inside.



We sat having our simple small lunch nearby, overlooking the view of the wonderful Great Pyramid.

Yesterday Monday 11th February, I booked a Limousine service to sent Eva and me around to see the historic places in Cairo which I have never been there myself even after been living here for the past 8 months.
We went to Citidel, a Castle called Mohamed Ali Castle. Eva have never been inside the Mosque and she would like to see it.


This is the historic mosque. Beautiful big and surrounded by tourist.

We went inside the mosque where we have to take off our shoes and since Eva had a knee length dress, she have to put on this green over coat which her leg can still be seen and makes no difference to me.
I was prepared with long jeans and a long sleeves sweaters, so I was walking free without that green sack around me.




From inside the mosque.



After visiting Citidel, we went back to Sheraton Hotel where our husbands had just finished with their meeting. I went back with Peter home to spent few hrs with the kids before we went out again for a dinner/business/ social meeting at 8 to Four Seasons.

1 comment:

Amazonian said...

the mosque is beeyooteefool!

Setting up my Salon

The whole process of taking up the course, renovating my salon, applying for a proper license from the Ministry of Health to operate the sal...